Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. It flies by with the speed of a nascar. (Go Danica! No, I don't follow car racing - it just fit here.)

This is turning out to be quite an eventful summer. Chelsea, my middle daughter, is leaving for a move to Vegas on the 29th of July.

:~ - (

(those are tears!)

We are trying to spend as much time together as possible; she is quite sad about leaving all of us. And then my youngest, Hannah, is away at camp for 12 days, this being the first time she has been away at camp. Chelsea leaves while Hannah is gone so it is hard for both of them.

Richard and I spent some time in Sunnyvale, CA, just outside San Francisco packing up our apartment out there. Since Richard is no longer working out that way we couldn't justify the outrageously expensive rent. That was a very bittersweet trip. We both love California and want to move there in 6 years when Hannah is done with high school. We probably
had the best time out there, though, with our friend Donna. She came for the July 4th weekend and, I'll tell you, it was such a blast! Donna is my 'crazy' friend that can bring out the 'best' in me, as in 'best time.' I think Richard was quite happy to be a part of the 'Donna and Karen' party-time.

I will post more about each of these events soon. I have to transfer my pix from my sandisks and then I will post more with pictures. I just wish I had a picture of the rattlesnake that Richard, Donna, and I almost stepped on...

No comments: