Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Today's count


My 3.5 mile walk today took me through a different neighborhood than I've counted in before. This neighborhood is still in my city but it's in an area with homes a step or two above ours. (I consider our area of Birmingham to be the third level up of about 5 or 6 levels, based on home prices.) It didn't surprise me that there were fewer homes for sale, just 9 total. I did see one home with a bright sticker on it naming the real estate company that owned it so I figured it was a foreclosed home. The area that I previously walked where there were 35 homes for sale is in the area I consider to be the bottom level of Birmingham. So maybe something can be read into those stats.

As for the count of lawn signs, I was totally surprised by what I counted. I figured with the higher income area than my previous counts there would possibly be more McCain signs than Obama. Not the case. I counted 13 Obama signs and....ZERO McCain signs. Zero. That, I think, says a lot. No wonder McCain pulled out of Michigan. Based on my counts, he doesn't have a snowball's chance in my bed of winning here! (I have a heating pad under the covers for my cold feet :)

No comments: